Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Taste of Summer

Teaching three piano lessons during my prime dinner making hours this afternoon inspired me to do something light and easy for dinner.

Leftover steak from the Summer Supper Club, a few fresh peppers, and basil from our garden for a nice bright pesto to dress up a few paninis. Besides, who wants to cook when the temperature hits triple digits?


Roasting peppers over an open flame was a first for me. My husband walked through the kitchen while I was at work and raised an eyebrow, but everything turned out well. 


It just took a dry paper towel to strip the charred skin off and the peppers were cored and diced for our steak sandwiches.


If you're looking for a fail-proof homemade bread recipe, here's what I use. It only takes three ingredients (flour, salt, yeast) and requires no kneading! We go through at least one loaf a week. 


I'd have included a picture of the final product - peppers, pecan basil pesto and all - but I had a couple of hungry boys and a baby to feed in a short amount of time. So, I'll just leave you hanging here. 

And, as I begin this week, I'm working off of my second written weekly plan. I have appointments and goals for most days to help me prioritize tasks and stay motivated. 




No comments:

Post a Comment