Friday, November 20, 2015

Operation Christmas Child

This last week, our local MOPS group filled shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child.
This week is their national collection week, but there are still lots of opportunities to get involved, and probably a local collection centre in your area that you can get a shoebox to, if you're interested in participating.

I didn't get any pictures of the individual boxes we packed at our table, but our MOPS meeting place is also the local collection centre and here are just some of the boxes packed and waiting to be shipped overseas.


Now that I have little ones, I treasure opportunities like these, when I can teach them to look beyond themselves and encourage generosity. I could see the wheels turning in Ryder's head when he realized that the colourful airplane gliders he helped choose weren't going to be for him.


As we look forward to Thanksgiving next week, I am reminded to be thankful for our life here in America and all of the blessings God has given!




No comments:

Post a Comment