Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Fire Hall and First Harvest

My garden has come a long way since Spring. Today I finally got around to picking and freezing a few bags of fresh kale. We'll mostly be using it in our breakfast smoothies, but I also found a great recipe for Spicy Kale & Corn Stuffed Chicken that we had for dinner tonight - excellent!


Here is my first batch of greens. There's plenty of lettuce to make a great big green salad to go with our Sunday lunch tomorrow. And back out in the garden I found a beautiful green squash tucked amongst the leaves. :)


One of the great things about living in a relatively small town is the fun community focus. Today the fire hall hosted BBQ for our local residents. Ryder loved seeing the trucks and equipment up close - maybe as much as he loved the free ice cream cone. 










And then we were done....



Enjoy your weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment