Saturday, March 28, 2015

Counting My Blessings

Here I am enjoying yet another delicious dinner provided by one of the sweet ladies at church. It's been three and a half weeks since I had a full night of sleep and sometimes the temptation can be to dwell on that and use the excuse to explain away my irritability or impatience with Ryder. But, in the midst of this challenge, as in all trials, I'm seeing the goodness of God in drawing me to Himself. 

Interrupted and sometimes sleepless nights have caused me to spend more time in prayer for my little family. Little energy has reminded me how I am constantly dependant on the One 'who upholds the universe by the word of His power.' Meals provided by gracious friends indicate how supported and blessed we are. Visits from loved ones never fail to encourage me. In fact, just last weekend a dear family from my hometown (Abbotsford, BC) took the time out of their spring break - and a huge detour out of their way - to drop in on our family here in Fallon. What a wonderful surprise! I couldn't help but be reminded of the verse in Proverbs 25 - 'Like cold water to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.'

This morning another friend came over with a hot breakfast dish and beautiful cheery flowers to brighten my day. 


As women, it can be so difficult when we're exhausted to see beyond out immediate feelings and emotions. I'm still a work in progress too, but I find that when I look for the blessings coming from raindrops as well as the sunshine, my joy is fixed on what I know to be true and not just the circumstances of my day. 

How about you?  What will you count as a blessing today?

Beautiful Nevada sunsets
Sweet Ryder lovingly making necklaces for baby brother

Waking up to these two little cuties

Bright sunshine that beckons us outdoors

More walks with these boys and Dixie

Dinner prepared by a sweet friend - yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment