Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend Landscaping

This weekend has been all about getting our yard in order. Since I've been through and deep cleaned the inside of the house, our front yard was the next glaring project. I'm not sure if the grass on our front lawn will ever be green again, but what has grown in the last few weeks was mowed. A couple of trips the the nursery later I had all the mulch I needed and was able to get it down and raked. Now let's see if this blustery weather we've been having blows all of my mulch away....




Everything went surprisingly quickly - aside from the weeding, which I've been working on here and there for the last few weeks. In fact, I was able to get most of it done while the boys napped under Daddy's supervision. So thankful for a helpful partner.

Of course, it's nearly impossible to do any landscaping without reminiscing about all the work I put into our little red house yard. Here are a few reminders...

Before
After - with blueberry bushes!
New boxwoods around the shop.
 Looking forward to a real walk down memory lane when we visit Washington next month. Ooooh, I just can't wait!


Oh, and here's our big boy having some tummy time this morning. Some days I pinch myself because I just can't believe how happy and content he is - a marked contrast from Ryder at this age. But we are thankful and enjoying every moment with these 2 boys that God has entrusted to our care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment