Saturday, February 7, 2015

A Gift to Treasure

I AM B.L.E.S.S.E.D. Every day I am reminded of how God provides to meet my needs and so much more. I'm not really one to love a lot of stuff. *One diamond is enough. *Last week when an old guy parked way too close to Shasta at Safeway and put a dent in her side when he opened his door, I just reminded myself that she's just a truck, smiled, and waved. *Before we moved, I posted and got rid of countless items on Craigslist. We may have accumulated a lot, but over time we've really learned hold to these things loosely. 

But sometimes things come along that hold a special place on our treasure list. Such an item arrived in the mail today. My dear dear grandmother (Ryder's Oma) sent a sweet soft quilt handmade for Baby Little Dipper. Grandma celebrated her 92nd birthday this week! We love her dearly and appreciate so much her love, encouragement, and the spiritual heritage she and Grandpa gave us. 

Here is Baby Little Dipper's new quilt and brownie bear made with love. <3


And just for fun, here are a few throwbacks from Ryder's first weeks and the super soft turtle and turtle print quilt that Oma made with love for him. 



One other thing that brings joy to this Mama's heart is when I come across Ryder in his independent play time sitting down and reading his Bible. <3  He will point to each picture and say, 'Dee-sus.'  Love this little sweetie. We pray that his love for Jesus will grow as he begins to learn and understand the truths we read from the Bible. 


Have a great weekend!
J



No comments:

Post a Comment