Monday, November 17, 2014

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday!

I'm not quite sure how to top this last weekend. It began on Friday night, with Braden making dough from scratch for monkey bread.  *Yep, that's not the stuff from a can - and I'm not sorry I've done that to him* You see, Saturday morning I had a girls day out planned for a friend's baby shower. It was a spa kind of day for me, while Daddy spent Saturday with Ryder-boy.

Saturday morning, he even got up at 5:30 to cut and roll the dough in butter and sugar before letting it rise a little more and baking it in time for all 3 of us to enjoy before I headed out the door - with NO diaper bag in tow, just me, keys, phone, and a wallet.  Ahhh....
Here's a throwback to that last visit,
since I didn't take any photos this weekend.

I'm not really one to spend a lot pampering myself. My last visit to the spa was a quick mani & pedi before our wedding two and a half years ago. So, I just enjoyed myself and soaked in the luxury of our morning. Relaxing to a wonderful 50 minute pregnancy massage, sitting at the edge of the hot tub, and chatting with the girls.

I didn't have to worry about the boys for a minute. Daddy and Ryder spent over 4 hours working in the shop on Ryder's new bed. When I came home, Ryder's Tonka trucks had been played with, rocks thrown, blocks stacked and crashed, stories read, etc.  He had a few more 'owies' but I'm sure it was worth it for all of the fun they had together!

And now it's Monday. Braden was up before 5 to get ready and get out the door.

REALITY.

It looks like a good morning to hit the gym (much to cold to run outside - we returned home from a walk last night to Ryder looking like Rudolph :/) and then work on some more Christmas preparations, like this ornament I made based on a Pinterest idea last week. I have a friend coming to make burlaps wreaths with me this afternoon and I'll keep you posted on how that goes....


















Here's Ryder dressed for the elements
- with a mountain of clean laundry that I've put off folding.



Enjoy your Monday!
Jayne





No comments:

Post a Comment