Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Annual Christmas Tree Hunt

The hunt was on to find the perfect Christmas tree this weekend! Due to deployment, I got to spend extra time with my in-laws last year and enjoy their tree, but this year we're all together again and a tree in the house is definitely in order.

















Here's a throwback to finding our first tree, two short years ago.

Unlike my growing up years and our first year of marriage, this year in Nevada we did some research and found out that we could purchase a permit and cut down an evergreen in the forest rather than going to a Christmas Tree farm - which I'm not sure exist here in the desert.

And so, after a little bit of trial and error (purchasing the wrong permit at the wrong office and my terrible directions) we found where we needed to be, crossed the CA state line in Tahoe, picked up a $10 permit and headed to the woods.


And boy was it B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.



After much walking in circles and pointing out bald spots, measuring a few trunk widths, eyeballing the height, and admiring the same trees (hehe) we settled on this beautiful 11ft white fir.


Braden cut and wrestled it uphill, over fallen logs, and finally into the truck and we were off to set it up in our living room.  More pictures to follow soon!








1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun!:)
    Also, I just wanted to throw out there that I got my blog design done for free and it turned out great! It seems to me that some of the themes the girl who did my blog does are totally your style. If you're interested, you can check her out here:
    www.designedbybritt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete