Sunday, April 19, 2015

Looking for Opportunity

This week I was blessed by a dear friend from Washington who sent a birthday/baby/care package. It was filled with so many thoughtful items - a handmade baby blanket, a glass Starbucks cup, some of my favourite snacks including a box of Canadian Smarties, and more. 


Every little item brought a smile to my face, but the things wouldn't have been special if they hadn't reminded me of my sweet friend. And that got me thinking about how actively I am looking for opportunities to minister to others.

I know many of you are like me - stay at home Mama's - and have a limited sphere of influence outside of the home. You may be surprised at how simple blessing another can be. For example, on Thursday when I made the trek out to Costco in Reno, I stopped at Starbucks to pick up my free birthday coffee. Before I could give the barista my gift card though, she said that the car in front of me had paid for my Venti Americano Misto. A complete stranger!

So here's my goal for this coming week: to bring God glory by actively seeking out and taking advantage of opportunities to bless others. 

Whether it's a simple smile, word of encouragement, or invitation to a play date, there's always something we can do to bless others. Often we ourselves are blessed as we minster to others too!

How about you?  
Will you join me this week in looking for ways to encourage those around you?

Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment