Sunday, January 11, 2015

Eggplant Parmesan Happened!

As promised yesterday, Martha Stewart's Baked Eggplant Parmesan happened at our house for lunch today - and it was a HUGE success!  I'll admit, I was a little doubtful trying a new recipe with a new vegetable. But, if you look at the recipe, it's really pretty simple, though time consuming (baking the breaded eggplant) and the finished product is filling and delicious!

Here are my eggplant rounds breaded and baked on both sides.


Next I layered them with chunky pasta sauce, mozzarella, and then repeated that all over again.


And here is the finished product.  You'll have to forgive me for our post-church hunger that prompted me to serve lunch before capturing the complete dish for you. These left-overs won't last long and now I've got a great new healthy recipe to add to my repertoire.


I can't help but show off my two handsome boys in their Sunday best. 


I hope you've had a blessed and restful day, as we have!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment