Monday, January 19, 2015

Moose - It's What's for Dinner!

That's right, a friend of a friend of ours happened to have Alaskan moose sausage and upon learning that I was Canadian, graciously shared the meat.  A quick cry for help to my Northern Canadian-dwelling sister and a few Pinterest recipe searches later, I felt equipped to make something out of it.


Honey Garlic Moose Meatballs were the result and though I bit in with some skepticism, my desire to want to love this 'au naturel' game won out - in fact, we were all pleasantly surprised with the result.  It didn't hurt that they were served with creamy mashed potatoes and parmesan roasted squash.

Here's the proof that we did it - sent to a very special auntie! <3
Today we were also thankful for a holiday. The sun was out and radiating heat by the time Ryder and I finished breakfast, so we headed out for some yard work and play. Once we finished out there, I became ambitious in the kitchen and decided to make some fresh lemonade as a treat - it certainly didn't feel like winter today!

There's nothing better than being woken up by this cutie! 
Ryder & Dixie
Collecting rocks in my gardening pail.


Fresh Lemonade!
 All the unglamorous chores were completed too - laundry, cleaning bathrooms (showers, toilets, floors, and all), more dishes than 3 people should possibly dirty, etc.  But what a great feeling it is to sit down at the end of the day, truly tired yet grateful, and looking forward to doing it all over again in the morning.

I am blessed!


Here are a few more candids of Ryder playing outside...


Somebody found Daddy's safety glasses in the shop as well as an old too-small hat.
He's our little Mr Dress Up!



No comments:

Post a Comment