Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Be All There

Before leaving our last duty station, a friend and fellow military spouse shared a piece of advice she had received over the years - 

BLOOM WHERE YOU'RE PLANTED.

It reminded me of something I came across while in college. As an avid journal myself, I picked up a compilation of the Journals of Jim Elliot to read and be inspired. Much of what he wrote was during his college days and one quotation stuck with me, so much so that I wrote it in the margin of the Bible I was using at the time. 

WHEREVER YOU ARE, BE ALL THERE!
LIVE TO THE HILT EVERY SITUATION YOU BELIEVE TO BE THE WILL OF GOD.

And that's my goal in this crazy military life we live. We are loving our home, our church, and our community.  

What 'being all there' looked like for us tonight, was enjoying the evening sunset on our run, being tuned in enough to catch a glimpse of a long-eared cotton-tailed rabbit as it cut across the road in front of us, stopping to admire perhaps the largest beetle I have ever seen, and seeing the beauty in our prickly desert brush. 



 How are you making the most of your present situation?


No comments:

Post a Comment