Monday, October 6, 2014

Sharing a Little Awesomeness ;)

Hello and Happy Monday to you!

I felt the need to share a little awesomeness that happened at our house over the weekend.

A lot happened this weekend.  Progress was made on the quilt for Ryder's new big-boy bed. Long bike rides were taken. Bacon, egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches on homemade biscuits were consumed.  Check out my Pinterest page for that simple recipe - http://www.pinterest.com/jayneenns/

But by far, the highlight for us was making our own hardshell.  Yep, that delicious crunchy decadent ice cream topping only found in small bottles with ingredients impossible to read.  Well, there and at DQ (where I was first introduced) in the form of chocolate dip cones.


Two Ingredients:
- Coconut Oil
- Chocolate 

I used milk chocolate baking chips I had on hand, but you can break up your favourite chocolate bar, baking wedges, or whatever is convenient.



The recipe is just as simple.  Four parts chocolate to one part oil - and I just eyeballed it and the results were amazing.

Using a glass bowl on top of a regular pot with about an inch of water in the bottom (or you can simply heat it in your microwave - but I'm a hater) to create a double boiler, I heated the two ingredients together and stirred to combine until there were no lumps.



Spoon the warm sauce directly on to your ice cream and Bon Appetit! a rich nutty treat.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment