Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Pie for Breakfast?

The nights have finally become cold here in beautiful barren Nevada, and it feels the least bit like I'm back 'home' in Washington.

It's a pumpkin pie for breakfast kind of morning.  :)



"PIE FOR BREAKFAST?"  You ask...

That's right. But it reminds me, that there was a day, a few short years ago, when I would have never dreamed of it. In fact, there were a lot of things in which I didn't indulge. At the time I thought that I was right. I thought that I was strong. And not only that, I watched others not show that same 'self-control,' and I judged them in my mind.

But this isn't confession time, I've already done that!  Every reminder of my past is a time to look back and give God glory for how He is actively sanctifying me.  Big word, but all it means is how He is changing the way I think and act to conform to scripture. 

In Romans 14, Paul writes, 

Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. (Romans 14:3-4 ESV)
http://www.esvbible.org/Romans+14/

Paul goes on to say that we are not responsible simply to ourselves. Whatever we do, whether eating or choosing to abstain, we need to do so giving thanks to God, remembering that it is to Him we will all answer one day.

Now, that's not to say we shouldn't exercise wisdom in our choices. Some things are treats and others should be habits. We have the responsibility to fuel our bodies in order to live for God and carry out our daily calling. For me, that is as wife and mama. For you it may be something different.

So, if you're eating a Starbucks pastry or pumpkin pie for breakfast, or if you have a tall glass of grass fed whole milk with your organic oatmeal - let's all give thanks to God and enjoy what He has provided for us, guilt free.
Here's my little oatmeal eater. 

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV)

Have a blessed day, friends!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment