Thursday, October 2, 2014

Tuscan Chicken Stew

Just wanted to share a great fall recipe that we enjoyed for dinner last night.




E.A.S.Y.
H.E.A.L.T.H.F.U.L.
D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.

Need I say more?

I just happened across it the other day.
Tell me I'm not the only one that scrolls through endless pages of yummy recipe photos on Pinterest?!




I was a little bit leery about using all that fennel seed. I have it in my spice cupboard, but it smells pretty strong and I wasn't sure I would love the taste.  But that combined with the balsamic vinegar was perfect.  Don't skimp on the fennel!

http://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/2014/09/slow-cooker-tuscan-chicken-stew.html

A few modifications were necessary to make it in my kitchen.
1. I don't have a crockpot, so just made do with a large pot simmering on the stovetop.
2. I don't usually have wine on hand for cooking, so I just used chicken broth - you know that awesome stuff Costco sells that is from real chickens and requires refrigeration?
3. I browned the chicken thighs in a little olive oil in the bottom of my pot before adding the rest of the veggies, I think it adds better flavour than just straight boiling.
Here's Ryder boy getting into mischief while I'm tied up in the kitchen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment