Thursday, October 23, 2014

Children's Music Theology

Good morning!

I'm sitting here in my semi-quite house. Ryder is eating his breakfast and I have mine, with the addition of a steaming cup of coffee.  The heat has just come on, but I can see that the sun's rays shining across our table are deceptively warm - it's a chilly morning out there.

As peaceful and calm as this morning sounds, yesterday was it's exact opposite. After packing Braden off to work with coffee, a smoothie, and lunch at around 5am, sleeping for another hour, and then trying to accomplish an inhuman amount (run, shower, breakfasts, cleanup, laundry, dinner prep, etc.) before heading out the door for MOPS at 9:45, I set us up for a crazy day.

In the afternoon I was even able to read through Acts 23 and work on my church small group questions, but it wasn't until I was making dinner in the evening and turned on some children's music for Ryder that I was able to reevaluate and get my focus where it needed to be.

Children's Music Theology:

1. Do Not be Overcome by Evil, but Overcome Evil with Good. Romans 12:21

2. You are the Light of the World. Let Your Light so Shine Before Men that they may see your Good Works and Glorify Your Father in Heaven. Matthew 5:14,16

3. Keep Your Tongue From Evil and Your Lips from Speaking Lies. Proverbs 34:13

4. I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me. Philippians 4:13

5. Trust in the Lord with All Your Heart and Lean Not on Your Own Understanding. In all Your Ways, Acknowledge Him, and He will Direct Your Paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Sometimes it's hearing the Word in its simplest form that has the most effect.
Today I'm determining to be meditating on it from the get go.

Have a great one!

PS - Today, Lord willing, we find out our big baby news! Stay tuned tomorrow....


And because I can't post without a picture, here's one from a few weeks back of Ryder playing with one of his beloved Tonkas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment